Thursday, January 24, 2013

Breakeven P.O.V. Piece


Breakeven is a song by the Script that at first sight, you might believe to be an ordinary story of a breakup. Then you take another look, really study the words and you have yourself something more; like a walk on the beach and then getting swallowed up by a landshark. In the song, you can see that the relationship was getting serious. With lines such as "I've got time while she has freedom." That probably means that that he has all the time in the world to sit and think about what he used to have, while she has freedom from the old relationship even though it was a nice ride. This next line also caught my attention "I'm still awake when shes no trouble sleeping." This proves that he is still into her and obviously he was really happy in the relationship. Which leads me into my next point. I believe that there is a very logical explanation for the song title and why the boy is still hung up on the girl; The reason concists of the girl cheating on the boy. Breakeven is the song title and I guess if someone in a relationship wasn't into them enough to go head and cheat, then I guess hearts don't break even. 

I also have evidence for that estimate too. With the line "She met a man that's going to put her first." Which is why I think she didn't like the way the broken-hearted guy treated her. The overall meaning of the song, cheating can ruin lives, and relationships aren't always what they seem, so take extreme caution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment