Wednesday, March 14, 2012

DBQ

 Author's note:This is for an essay due for social studies. I felt I was doing proficient on this essay and decided to also use it for Language arts.

Drilling for oil. Three simple words, but they’re not when you hear all of the crisis and disappointment that these three words have brought us. Not so simple at all. So, Should the United States drill in Alaska? You might say “Why not” or “sure” but, they are not drilling in any ordinary land. It is effecting Alaska's beautiful nature. That is why I definitely don’t support drilling in Alaska!

What does this mean? Well, it would be affecting animals’ habitat and possibly  endangering them. This is a terrible situation and I just wish our country could find somewhere else to drill. Wrecking this amazing state is like a crime or something and that isn't something we can stop.

As the United States we use way more oil than we produce which is really bad considering that it over twice as much! We really need to find a way to get that under control. It is kind of rude to take so much and not give back! That might be a thing that could lead to a war because other countries might get mad at us. Excuse me getting of the topic of Alaska but still I can’t stress that enough! By the way, according to the refuge times. There isn't enough space to drill all of the oil there because of trees and hills in the way of drilling. From that information all I have to say is what's the point?

Something that caught my attention was the history of the refuge and how long its been there that’s why there should be no drilling in Alaska! I don’t support this drilling and never will and from there I will leave you to wonder, Is drilling in Alaska a good idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment